Petrolin Group has a specialized petroleum data management team, to help new oil producing countries in Africa promote their petrotechnical document libraries more effectively, by assisting them in acquiring data management tools that satisfy data user requirements throughout the life cycle of a document.
Acquisition and Analysis
Our team will help you take stock of your documentary resources, and help to transform this documentation into a reusable and durable format. This effort includes:
- The gathering and inventory of available data and identification of missing data.
- The collection of missing data from former oil operating companies, in electronic format,
- The digitization of the data available only in physical format (this includes the scanning of paper reports, the vectorization of plans or seismic sections, etc.).
- Recovery of data magnetic media and their transcription on modern information recording media,
- The creation of physical data archiving sites,
- The implementation of procedures and standards for data management.
Indexing and Archiving
Thanks to its considerable experience in the field, our team will help you to archive quickly and easily all of this information in a "standardized" environment, i.e. one which does not necessitate hi-tech servers which require numerous employees for its configuration and maintenance. This means:
- The use to the maximum of Windows-like environments and standard PCs,
- The loading of documents in electronic format onto a database, either existing, or one that we will help you set up,
- Possible indexing of data which is not loaded (including references to physical storage sites of such data).
Once the data is deposited in your archives, our tools are available to help you find the information you need instantly and instinctively both by its nature (maps, well logs, seismic sections, reports, tape recordings, etc.), and by its geographic location.